Saturday, October 26, 2013

Murphy's Irish Stout - Murphy Brewery Ireland Limited



This is second stout I taste after Guinness; I must say it’s pretty good I remember my childhood “merienda” which is the “kapi’t kanin” basically it’s a bowl of burnt rice mix with coffee  … nostalgic

Appearance
like any other stout beer, it’s dark and produces a think foamy light brown yellowish head with an excellent lace

Smell
it has light coffee smell, though the smell is not strong there is actually some caramel and the roasted malt / barley, hint.

Taste
The taste is divided into coffee and roasted chocolate – even though the smell is not that striking the taste on the other hand is pretty much strong, at first it has a strong coffee malty taste and on the later part it becomes sweet like caramel and roasted chocolate and the after taste is like Milo or Ovaltine.


I recommend this stout for those drinkers who love sweet and chocolate taste, and it’s a good pair for any roasted meat.


Brewery: Murphy's Brewery Ireland Limited
Style: Irish Stout
ABV: 4.00%
Where did I drink this: Beer Paradise, Makati Philippines




No comments:

Post a Comment